Looking for a learning experience without having to leave the comfort of your home? Now, you can experience the Museum of Us right at your fingertips! We have been hard at work creating five new Google Arts and Culture virtual exhibits. The exhibits takes a closer look at some of the Museum’s most notable offerings, such as our “Race: Are We So Different?” exhibit, to the museum’s ornate architecture.
The full list of virtual exhibits include:
- Becoming “Us,” looks at the evolution of the “Museum of Us” name over time: from history to significance.
- Colonial Legacy: the Museum’s façade analyzes the facade of the California Building, where the Museum of Us operates and its complex colonial legacy.
- Race: Are We So Different? explains the origins of race and racism, and helps us understand how to deal with them in productive, enlightening ways.
- Race: Are We So Different? – Race and Education looks to understand how racism has been and currently is embedded in institutions such as education and schooling.
- Race: Are We So Different? – Social Stratification aims to highlight how social stratification intersects with race to create significant impacts on how we experience our lives.
So, what are you waiting for? Dive into these free and informative exhibits today!
Want to see our exhibits and architecture in person? Visit the Museum of Us and join our “Membership On Us” program! With the purchase of just one admission ticket, you can become a Museum of Us Member and receive a year of free admission. Learn more about membership and get your tickets here.