Residents Free Days – Balboa Park Museums
The Museum of Us is suspending its participation in Residents Free Days effective immediately in response to guidelines set forth by Governor Gavin Newsom, the California Department of Public Health, and the San Diego County Public Health Officer. Learn more here.
On the third Tuesday every month, free admission to the Museum of Us is offered to all San Diego County residents and active duty military and their families as part of Balboa Park’s “Residents Free Day,” formerly known as “Residents Free Tuesdays.”
• Please bring identification that shows you live in San Diego County or have active military status.
• Last admission is a half-hour before closing time.
• Please note we do not offer guided or self-guided tours on Residents Free Days. If school groups would like to visit the Museum on Residents Free Days, we require a 7:1 student to chaperone ratio.
• You may be asked to leave strollers, large bags, backpacks, food, or drink outside of the museum.
• This free admission is offered on a rotating basis on the first four Tuesdays of the month among a variety of park institutions. Some museums may ask for differing kinds of identification for adults and minors, so come prepared.